Developing Irresistible Teen Programs
January 14, 2015
In this webcast, teen programming expert Sarah Flowers discusses approaches and ideas for drawing teens into your library.
Developing compelling teen programs can be tricky, whether you have limited staff and little-to-no funding or are simply looking for fresh ideas. In this webinar, we’ll discuss just what it takes, including budgeting and planning, marketing and publicity, post-event evaluations and much more. You’ll learn best practices from other libraries, see creative examples of passive and non-passive programs that have worked well, and discover new resources you can use in your own library.
We will discuss:
- What do teens want in a program?
- Planning for programs: space, equipment, staff and more
- Budgeting and finding new funds
- Passive programs: why and how?
- Promoting events, including leveraging social media and word of mouth