STEAM & the Maker Mentality for School-age Youth
April 16, 2015
Are you looking for ways to engage school-age children in hands-on learning experiences at your library? Curious about injecting the maker mentality into your current programs and services? In this webinar, we’ll explore the philosophy behind STEAM and maker activities for youth before delving into a range of program ideas that can be applied at any library, regardless of space or budget. We’ll also identify some go-to resources to allow any library to start offering dynamic STEAM and maker activities with minimal fuss.
- Learn the philosophies behind the STEAM and maker movements
- Understand how STEAM and maker activities contribute to dynamic informal learning
- Create STEAM programs and activities for school-age youth
- Apply the maker mentality to programs and services for school-age youth
- Identify key resources to aid in programming development and planning