New Approaches to Existing Spaces
November 5, 2014
In this Demco-sponsored webcast, Dan Meehan from HBM Architects joins Janet Nelson, Demco’s Director of Library Markets, to discuss approaches and ideas for refreshing your library space. Many libraries find themselves in a position where they need to address new carpeting or furniture, shelving layouts that are not working, inefficient staff desks, challenging sight lines, changing technology or just want to change their user experience — all on a limited budget. This is an opportunity to take a fresh look at how to support your vision for the future and better position your library to meet those needs. The approaches and ideas discussed in this session apply to public, academic and school libraries and can be used for specific areas in your library or the entire building.
We will discuss:
- Approaches for reevaluating your layout and proposing possible changes
- Carpeting upgrades: do you really want to put everything back in the same place?
- Ideas to make the entry area more welcoming and dynamic
- How to make your staff desks/service points do more
- Ideas for shelving and display that merchandise rather than warehouse books
- How to arrange your library so everyone can have their favorite spot
DOWNLOADS & RESOURCES
[do action=”icon_pdf”/]Presentation Slides
[do action=”icon_pdf”/]Q&A Log
[do action=”icon_pdf”/]Additional Resources
[do action=”icon_pdf”/]Low Cost Transformation Tips
[do action=”icon_pdf”/]Anythink Libraries Visual Merchandising Guidelines