Designing a Public Library for Social Distancing
In this episode of the Open Book Webcast, Stephen Gower, Demco’s Lead Interior Designer, joins Jackie Flavin to share examples of public library spaces designed for social distancing.
Learn how important safety measures and Centers for Disease Control guidelines can be applied to each area of the library and how you can keep staff and patrons safe while still creating engaging library spaces. Stephen also shares design ideas for your circulation desk area, displays, children’s and teen areas, individual workspaces, lounge spaces, and small-group collaboration spaces.
Watch the full episode below and check out these additional resources:
- ”Tour a Public Library Designed for Social Distancing”
- ”Learn How to Design Your Library for a Post-COVID-19 World”
- ”Library Design Tips for Social Distancing”
- ”Public Libraries: Your Planning Guide for Reopening”
- ”Resources and Solutions for Reopening Safely”
Are there topics you’d like to see covered on the Demco Open Book Webcast? Or maybe you have a story to share or know someone who would be an interesting and informative guest. Use this form to send us your ideas!