Wayfinding the San José Way
September 10, 2014
In this Demco-sponsored webcast, Library Consultant Ruth Barefoot joins Demco’s Director of Library Engagement and Solutions, Janet Nelson, to discuss how San Jose’s wayfinding plan improved the customer experience throughout their library.
In 2000, when the San José Public Library system embarked on a project to build 4 new branch libraries and rebuild 16 existing branches they wanted to examine and improve their service model to better meet 21st century customer service needs. That exploration led to research that rearticulated how their libraries would be designed using improved wayfinding and signage strategies and self-directed customer layout for popular collections that employed retail merchandising techniques. Over the years, they have been able to refine their model and develop best practices that they now use throughout their system.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn what is involved in developing a wayfinding plan for your building
- Understand how San Jose leaders decided what was needed in their libraries
- Discover how wayfinding impacts customer experience
- Explore lessons learned and best practices that the San Jose libraries found
- Learn how a wayfinding plan and signage impacts your library’s brand