Trends and Best Practices to Ease Mobile Technology Integration
December 2, 2015
With 69% of library patrons using mobile applications to access information, it is more important than ever for libraries to have a mobile strategy. However, done incorrectly, the implementation can take an enormous toll on library staff and budgets and adversely affect the user experience. Learn about mobile-user engagement and emerging technologies that are important considerations in the development of your mobile strategy, helping ensure your choices align with your library’s mission and the patrons you serve. You’ll hear the real-world experiences of Carson Block, a highly-regarded library technology expert, and Tony Medrano, President of Boopsie, the industry leader in providing mobile apps for libraries.
- Trends in mobile device utilization
- How an app, website and responsively designed website are unique, yet complementary
- How to integrate and leverage technology to meet patron expectations
- Important considerations in the development of your technology plan
- Suggestions for data collection to measure impact of technology integration